career coach and Change consultant
I have had the privilege of working with individuals at all stages of their careers and at all levels - from graduates all the way up to VP’s and CEO's. You can read my recent contributions in the Graduate supplement in The Irish Times.
Through this experience, I’ve been able to develop and hone a wide variety of skills, techniques and strategies to facilitate and empower clients to create practical plans and get results.
I was an International Coaching Federation award finalist in 2017. My former blog www.challengeuchangeu.com made it onto the top 100 coaching blogs in 2017. I have had many articles published on Thrive Global, Independent Life, The Independent and The Start-Up.
I share many of the human stories behind my business. My career change was in 2015 following redundancy. I was an Insurance Executive for 20 years. Following this opportunity to start again I spent two years investing in myself retraining.
My business launched in 2017. My mission is to help people to change, progress and transition in their careers for more impact, fulfillment and growth.
I now help many individuals build the courage to embrace change.
My pivotal moments...
When I look back I can see the pivotal moments that influenced my transition to where I am today.
1. Meeting my husband at the age of sweet sixteen!
2. Giving birth to our only child Ian at 20 years of age.
3. Marrying Edward, my childhood sweetheart at 27. Read more in The Independent.
4. Being diagnosed with Crohn's disease and a rare blood disorder. A blood disorder that resulted in the several miscarriages which I speak about very openly in the media. Read more here.
5. Having major spinal surgery in 2010 and learning to walk again.
6. Losing five stone in 2014 and regaining my health and happiness.
7. Being made redundant from my Insurance Executive role after 20 years in 2015. Read my piece from Redundant to Abundant on Medium.
8. Reinvesting funds from my redundancy into retraining and pivoting into business ownership.
9. Competing as a natural bodybuilder and winning many trophies and medals.
10. Starting my business in 2017.
11. Being nominated for two coaching awards in my first year in business.
I've never felt so free and in control of my life.
A lot of people say to me, "I wish I could do that", I say, "Why can't you?"
The experiences and learning and people I have met in the process are pure gold.
I decided to let go of what I could not control and take back what I could. If things are not working, you can change them in a realistic manner. This mentality shift has transformed my life.
I now make changes and adapt if needed. We don't need to be unhappy with anything.
There is a better way to live.
The common theme for my pivotal moments is that they all started with a feeling a pain or something needing to change. My decisions at the time shaped everything else that followed.
What was a pivotal moment in your career so far?
What happened that changed your future forever?